‘City of Love’, interesting facts about Paris
'City of Love', interesting facts about Paris
Paris is one of the most popular cities among travelers. Known as the “City of Light” or the “City of Love,” the streets of Paris overflow with culture, art, beauty, and history. But do we know everything about Paris?
Here are some fun facts about Paris by swedishnomad, that you probably didn’t know before reading this.
5 FUN FACTS ABOUT PARIS
1. The Parisians first thought the Eiffel tower was ugly. Guy de Maupassant ate lunch at the bottom of the tower every single day because he hated it so much, and that was the only place he couldn’t see the Eiffel tower.
2. It is often nicknamed as the City of Light, which is referring to a high-concentration of intellectuals
3. There are more dogs than children
4. It is the biggest city in France, but not the largest French-speaking city
5. You have to pay around €200,000 to be a Parisian taxi driver
5 PARIS FACTS FOR KIDS
1. The Mona Lisa can be seen in the Louvre
2. It is one of the most visited cities in the world
3. You can visit Disneyland Paris and meet all the Disney characters
4. There are five replicas in the city of the famous Statue of Liberty
5. The city was conquered by the Roman Empire under the lead of Julius Caesar in 51 B.C. It was then known as Lutetia, and the people living there belonged to the Celtic Parisii tribe.